"After we completed the home – ahead of the time schedule we were scurrying to meet – we ran to the nursery and purchased flowers and pots for their new home. When all the other teams arrived the family was brought over to the home site. We made a circle with the family, the building team, and Pastor Esparanza. Each team member shared from their heart as they held the keys to the home and then passed them around. When the keys reached me I thought to myself that everything had been said already and then God gave me memories from my own first home. As I mentioned above, I had lots of emotions running through me all day. Each time I walked in the completed home I was overwhelmed with tears. Then when we took in the gifts we had purchased for the family I was again overwhelmed with tears. So when the keys reached my hands I was already crying. I shared with the family the hopes and dreams I when Jay & I got our first home. The hopes and dreams we shared that first night in our new home were my wishes and prayers for this family. That God would bless them tremendously and they would forever remember what Christ did for their family and through this ministry. I am forever changed by this experience and know that this family will be forever changed by the gifts that God has given them.
To God be all the Glory – Ginna Tillman"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment