Friday, June 11, 2010

Unity Through Christ

As I reflect on this trip the words that come to mind are unity through Christ. We come from different cultures and backgrounds…we don’t speak the same language, and yet we are connected with these wonderful people through Christ. When I arrived, I wondered how I would communicate with the people we were helping. But even without words, we were able to share God’s love. Through smiles, through hugs, through the breaking of bread together – all of these things allowed us to be connected as one community. One body of Christ.

As we worshiped with the local pastor and congregation, we felt like one group – worshiping in different languages but all knowing we worshiped the same God. This experience has given me a glimpse of what heaven will be like. All nations worshiping together from around the world – all praising God as one. My prayer is that I can take this experience and what I’m feeling back to Memphis so we can create more unity in our own community. Different backgrounds – different economic situations, but all children of the same God.

Drew M.

No comments:

Post a Comment